Download Torrent for Find Any File (FAF) 2.3 b9 - Software for macOS
Files:Find_Any_File_2.3b9__HCiSO_Torrentmac.net.dmg [9.16 MB]
Description for Find Any File (FAF) 2.3 b9
Find Any File (FAF) 2.3 b9 macOS
Find Any File searches your local disks for files by name, creation or modification date, size, or type and creator code (not by content, though).
As there are other tools with a similar search operation, here are the special features unique to Find Any File:
- Has a new hierarchical view of the found items, making it much easier to browse 100s of items (see the screenshot).
- Can run as root user, finding really any file on your disk, even those that are hidden from normal users.
- Can save queries and run them again later.
Unlike Spotlight (i.e., the Finder’s Find command), it does not access a pre-built database but searches the chosen volume directly. This allows you to find any file, even those inside packages and others excluded from Spotlight search. Hence it is great for finding system files, for example.
On the other hand, it may take a little longer than Spotlight, and it is only fast on HFS(+) volumes. But even on mounted network volumes of a Mac OS X server it can still be surprisingly fast.
Hence, this is not an entire replacement for Spotlight but it can come handy in certain, if not many, situations.
- Fixed: Search for file content won’t exhaust the computer’s memory any more.
- Fixed: Hiding FAF or closing the Find window won’t stop the search any more.
- Fixes issues with hiding contents in the Trash.
- Fixes the rule “Kind is Video”.
- Fixes searching for regex content if Spotlight is enabled in FAF’s preferences.
- Fixes an issue searching for Symlink files.
- Fixes “In Finder Selection” on macOS Mojave and later.
- Fixes several potential crashing issues.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor